I know I’m completely late in writing about some of the movies on the list, but it’s better late than never, right?
In November, I saw the trailer for the movie “The Fighter” starring Mark Wahlberg and Christian Bale and I knew that I HAD to watch it!
Absolutley LOVE how Mark handles bar dude at 0.38...sigh....
Do I have a great interest in boxing? No. But I do have a huge celebrity crush on Mr. Wahlberg and seeing him super ripped, sweaty and boxing wasn’t something that I was going to miss. So opening night came around and me and my girlfriends decided to check it out.
I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised that my attention was captured in not only Mark’s hunky physique, but in the true story that this movie was based on. Micky Ward was a professional boxer who had what it takes in order to make a career and name for himself in boxing, but couldn’t take the steps forward due to his invasive family stepping in. His mother was managing his career but couldn’t seem to focus on just Micky as her attention was mainly given to Micky’s older Dicky, who also used to have a career in boxing. Dicky’ s biggest triumph was fighting Sugar Ray in a televised HBO match. The debate though is if Dicky actually won this fight with skill or if it was due to Sugar Ray slipping in the ring.
Mark Wahlberg’s characterization of Micky is spot on, and Christian Bale deserves an Oscar for his outstanding performance in playing Dicky Ward. Within 5 min of watching Christian on-screen I thought to myself “He’ll be nominated for an Oscar for sure”. Let’s see if he gets it …Oscars air February 27th, 2011. Fingers Crossed!
Through being mismanaged for most of his early career, Micky meets the love of his life, Charmaine who is played by Amy Adams. She as well, plays an excellent role in being sassy, aggressive and protective of Micky when he has a hard time in saying no to his family. Oh! And how could I not mention Melissa Leo who played Micky & Dicky’s mother…again, another Oscar-Winning performance.
This movie was done very well and I really enjoyed all of it. Not only was it based on a true story, but the actors were phenomenal. Hmmm and of course, Mark Wahlberg isn’t a site for sore-eyes either.
I give this movie…



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.