Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A New Earth...

**This blog entry is dedicated to a special woman who always reminds me to keep my head up, never give up and sends positive energy all day and everyday...Tchas'toni Goodridge. Love Ya Girl! Thanks for being my rock.**


So, after the past year or so, a dear friend of mine (Shout out to Tchas J) had recommended that I read Eckhart Tolle’s book “A New Earth”. I had never gotten around to purchasing the book but it was again on my list of things that I need to do. This book was also featured on Oprah’ s Book Club and has received endless praises from readers all over the world.  When I noticed this book was on the list of meditational reads that my teacher had given me, I called up Tchas and told her that I will now make it my duty to read it as I plan to go through the whole list this year. Well, I was gratefully surprised to receive the book in the mail a few weeks later as Tchas wanted to ensure that I would keep true to my word. And I did. J



I can understand why this book received such praise and recognition by the time I got a few chapters in. I have to admit that in the beginning, I was having a hard time trying to wrap my head around that much talked about “ego” of ours.  But after taking some time to let the thoughts manifest, I was intrigued by this new way of thinking. It’s amazing how much our ego influences our train of thought and why we let things create worry, anxiety and fear.

I especially found the story about how ducks flap their wings to release any negative energy fascinating and how it relates to how humans should do the same thing. Shaking off any negative energy that can be weighing us down can help refresh us to continue to swim along merrily without carrying resentment and harboring ill feelings. I also found the chapters regarding our “Pain-Bodies” insightful. We can sometimes carry around unhappiness because it’s so familiar for us. It’s almost as if we subconsciously want to feel down or depressed and this can be detrimental to how we carry on in our everyday lives.

Overall, this book was an enlightening read filled with many goodies to help you move along life with a refreshing new frame of mind. It’s a tool to use when we have a hard time letting go and when we want to only focus on the negative. We all will go through our funks, our ups and downs…but if we remember to dust that dirt off our shoulder and flap our wings, we can remember that the flight of happiness isn’t a dream, but it can be a reality. It can be A New Earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.