Checked out "Rise of The Planet of the Apes" this afternoon and have to say...NOT BAD! I liked it. I'm sure there are MANY critics who will pick it apart and compare it to the original but call it what you will...I deem it entertaining!
James Franco plays a scientist who works for a company called "GEN-SYS" which focuses on finding cures for illness, Alzheimers primarily. He takes his job seriously as his father has a severe case of this illness and he wants to do whatever he can to find a cure. In doing so, the scientists test out this medication on apes. One in particular flips out, gets shot and dies. The scientists are ordered to kill all the apes as they believe they may all turn and flip just the same, but in reality we learn, that the ape that wilded out was a mother who was in fear of her baby being hurt so she reacted like all mothers who fear for the life of their child, and reacted defensely There are some side effects which make the apes eyes turn green (a sign that you know they've been compromised).
This baby goes home with the young scientist who nurtures and takes care of him over the past few years. He is highly intelligent and is named "Caesar". Many years down the road, Caesar ends up creating a scene while trying to protect the father with alzheimers and the neighborhood call "Animal Control". He is now kept captive along with all over chimpanzees, apes, gorillas and orangutans who are usually mistreated by the keepers of the premises. As Caesar is so smart, he leads the gang of apes into rebellion and they get loose into the city.
I'm an animal lover, so I HATE seeing any animals being mistreated. I can't help but side with the apes as they ran amuck.
Was it just me or did anyone get chills when the ape yells "NOOOOO!!"...kinda like when Charlotte from SATC yells at Big after he leaves Carrie at the alter. You know I had to throw some SATC related news in there someway, somehow.
I give it...
Entertaining, Good Graphics, Animal Lover Movie


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.