Ahhhhh….YES! I’m finally done reading the refreshing, relatable story of Elizabeth Gilbert’s “search for everything across, Italy, India and Indonesia”. A year or so ago, I saw that a friend had put up on her Facebook status that she had finished reading this book and that it was a “must-read”. Even though I knew nothing about the novel, there was something that hit a nerve in me when I saw the cover. I don’t know how else to explain it, but it did stick with me and it was on the list of “things I must remember to do”…but just never seemed to get around to do it.
This past year has been such a strange year for me when it comes to being out of my element. I feel that I’m on a spiritual journey where I’m becoming in touch with my intuition, educating myself on meditation and revitalizing my body with yoga practices. About a month ago, I saw a trailer for the movie “Eat, Pray, Love” and instantly remembered the book. I rushed out to the nearest bookstore the next day and bought it. Sooooo glad I did!
This novel is based on the author, Elizabeth Gilbert’s year in traveling so that she can get “closer to God”. She has been filling the void of unhappiness with distractions and not focusing on how to make herself happy. Over the course of her journey, there are many ups and downs, trials and tribulations. She discovers the enjoyment of indulgence in Italy, the modesty of sacrifice in India and the joy of love in helping “Tutti” in Indonesia.
I love Gilbert’s complicated rambling thoughts that she details in her every move. So many of us do not know how to quiet our mind, which made her character so significant for those who can relate. To know that this story is a TRUE story made it even easier to be optimistic when recovering from life’s battle wounds. We all have our scar, but it’s nice to know that we can heal ourselves if we take the time to.
There are many sayings, chants and interpretations that were displayed throughout this novel that I know I will carry with me… always.
“Om Namah Shivaya” – I Honor The Divinity That Resides Within Me

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.